This guide is an introduction to the resources available for researching Psychology. It covers resources available on Social, Clinical, Coaching and Developmental Psychology, as well as Cognition, Perception and Neurophysiology.
Last Updated: Aug 21, 2013
Find your Unit of Study Readings using the box below
If there are no classes running that address the help you need, please contact the Faculty Liaison Librarian for Psychology.
Academic staff: Please contact us if you would like an information literacy presentation delivered for your class.
***THREE NEW PROTOCOL DATABASES***
The following three protocol databases have been added to the library collection
- Springer Protocols
Provides 31,000 reproducible laboratory protocols including the protocols from all volumes of Methods in Molecular Biology and other Springer “Methods in . . .” series, the Springer Protocols Handbooks (e.g. Protein Protocols Handbook), as well as other sources. Approximately 2,000 new protocols are added each year. New content is added daily.
- Current Protocols
Includes 15,000 peer reviewed techniques and procedures across 16 titles including Current protocols in Microbiology, Molecular biology, Neuroscience, Chemical biology, Essential laboratory techniques, Cell biology, Cytometry, Neuroscience, Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Pharmacology, Protein Science, Toxicology, Bioinformatics, Mouse biology, Human genetics, and Stem Cell Biology.
- Jove – Journal of visualized experiments
Jove covers both basic and complex experimental techniques in Neuroscience, Immunology and Infection, Clinical and Translational Medicine, Bioengineering, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Behavior, and the Environment.
- Data Citation Index
Discover international repositories and their deposited data studies and data sets. Link to the repository record to access the deposited data, and see how data connects to scientific literature published in journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Complete list of resources on trial
The following eBook titles have recently been added through our subscription to PsycBOOKS. They can be accessed via the catalogue or via PsycBOOKS.
- Social organization under stress [electronic resource] : a sociological review of disaster studies / Allen H. Barton ; introduction by Robert K. Merton.
- Moral treatment in American psychiatry [electronic resource] / J. Sanbourne Bockoven.
- The psychology of learning [electronic resource] / Ralph Garry.
- The termination of intensive psychotherapy [electronic resource] / Marshall Edelson.
- The social and psychological consequences of a natural disaster [electronic resource] : a longitudinal study of Hurricane Audrey / Frederick L. Bates ... [et. al] ; foreword by Rupert B. Vance.
- A parent's guide to child psychotherapy [electronic resource] / Howard M. Halpern.
- Human nature in politics [electronic resource] : the dynamics of political behavior / James Chowning Davies.
- Education for psychotherapy [electronic resource] : a guide to the major training facilities in the field of psychotherapy in the United States / Gertrude Blanck.
- The nature of psychotherapy [electronic resource] : a critique of the psychotherapeutic transaction / Walter Bromberg.
- Clinical psychological consultation [electronic resource] : a rationale and guide to team practice / Norman Tallent.
- Transforming negative reactions to clients [electronic resource] : from frustration to compassion / edited by Abraham W. Wolf, Marvin R. Goldfried, and J. Christopher Muran.
- Humanity's dark side [electronic resource] : evil, destructive experience, and psychotherapy / edited by Arthur C. Bohart ... [et al.].
- Preventive stress management in organizations [electronic resource] / [edited by] James Campbell Quick ... [et al.].
- Personality disorders and the five-factor model of personality [electronic resource] / edited by Thomas A. Widiger and Paul T. Costa Jr.
- Testifying in court [electronic resource] : guidelines and maxims for the expert witness / by Stanley L. Brodsky.
- Motivation as related to personality [electronic resource] / Dorothy Rethlingshafer.
- Group therapy [electronic resource] : a practical approach / James A. Johnson.
- The practice of school psychology [electronic resource] : professional problems / Robert E. Valett.
- Children and their parents [electronic resource] : the nature and development of personality in the light of the Christian message / Armin Grams.
- Spontaneous and deliberate ways of learning [electronic resource] / Robert C. Burkhart.
- Perceiving, behaving, becoming [electronic resource] : a new focus for education / Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, the 1962 Yearbook Committee ; Arthur W. Combs, editor.
- Behavioral individuality in early childhood [electronic resource] / [by] Alexander Thomas ... [et al.].
- Strategies of psychotherapy [electronic resource] / Jay Haley.
- Improving staff motivation and competence in the general hospital [electronic resource] / Esther Lucile Brown.
- College education as personal development [electronic resource] / [by] Margaret B. Fisher, Jeanne L. Noble.
Contact InfoMatthew Davis
Ph: +61 2 9351 3629