Library paid resources which provide Apps, or customised search interfaces for tablets and smart phones. Many of our subject guides also include information on free apps for mobile devices.
Last Updated: Oct 24, 2014
CrossSearch searches across most of our full-text e-journals, and the Library catalogue. Includes links to fulltext.
- Mobile catalogue
- AirPAC - Library catalogue
- ACS Mobile App
The American Chemical Society Mobile App requires connection to the University wireless network or VPN for access to fulltext
- Alexander Street databases - Music Online, Opera in Video
Send an audio or video track, album or playlist from to your mobile device to listen to later.
In your search results, look for a mobile phone icon next to each track to send the "Shortlink" to your device.
Shortlinks cannot be accessed outside the University's network after 48 hours but will still be usable within it.
Requires iPhone on 3G network or better, or mobile device with Android OS
- Annual Reviews
- ArtSTOR Mobile
For access on iPhone & iPads first Register
via the University of Sydney's subscription. More
Android users, while on campus, go to to library.artstor.org on your device, click the "Enter here" button, and then install the free app.
- BioOne ejournals
Uses device pairing
- BMJ Best Practice - how to register
Access BMJ Best Practice via this link
to set up your personal registration.
or use http://bp.bmjgroup.mobi
for Android, etc, users.
Best Practice App available for download for iOS users after Personal Registration is set up.
- BMJ Journal apps
- Cambridge University Press - Cambridge Journals Online (CJO) - mobile interface
Access the Library's subscription to Cambridge Journals by twinning your device
.You need to set up a personal account in our subscription to CJO first
- ebrary ebooks
Apps available for iOS and Android.How to set up access
. Sign in with your UniKey when you click sign in while setting up access. You do not need to create a personal account in ebrary.
- Ebsco Apps for iPhone and Android
Open an Ebsco database via the Ebsco mobile link below, or any of our other links to Ebsco databases. Click the link at the bottom of the screen to send yourself the instructions, key and a link to download the app. Help
- Ebsco mobile - all Ebsco databases
No username and password available. To IP authenticate this app, you must be on-campus. Note: After you IP authenticate via the app, your authentication will expire in 30 days and will need to be re-authenticated on-campus.
- IEEE Xplore Mobile
Includes links to fulltext.
- Informit Online databases
Informit PDFs may now be correctly viewed on mobiles such as BlackBerrys, iPhones and Windows Mobile devices
- JSTOR Mobile beta
JSTOR Mobile beta works on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry devices. Other mobile phones may be supported, but not tested. BlackBerry users running a BlackBerry OS prior to 6.0 your features may be different and will be noted in the features descriptions where they do differ.
- LexisNexis apps
The LexisNexis apps available in iTunes currently require either individual purchase through iTunes (eg, Butterworths Legal Dictionary), or an individual log-in to a pre-existing subscription (eg, CaseBase Case Citator).
Please note that there are no individual log-ins available for the Library subscriptions to LexisNexis products so our subscriptions may not be accessed via these apps
- National Library of Medicine Mobile
Note: Use our own PubMed4Hh URL below, for PubMed, for best access to PubMed
- Naxos Jazz app
- Naxos Music Library app
- NEJM This Week app
Download free from itunes
- PubMed for handhelds - USyd
- Radiological Society of North America eJournals
For institutional subscribers, authentication is by IP-range access if a user accesses the site from within a subscribing institution’s IP range. Use authenticate via WIFI option. There is no username and password available. More...
- RSC Mobile app
Apps available for iOS and Android. Requires authentication via the University's wireless network.
ScienceDirect has a mobile-customized interface.
- SciFinder mobile
Scopus has a mobile-customized interface
- SpringerLink journals
Download app from iTunes
For more detailed information click here
Viewing full-text requires IP access via the University wireless, VPN, or proxy.
- Taylor and Francis ejournals
Free mobile interface for Medline
- Westlaw and Westlaw AU
There is no app for Westlaw AU. The app for Westlaw, downloadable from iTunes is for WestlawNext, which will be available to Univeristy of Sydney users instead of Westlaw International in the future
The most straightforward way to access our eJournal fulltext is simply to download and use the Library's subscription to BrowZine.
An increasing number of publishers use device pairing for authentication. To set this up for each publisher:
- Connect to the University of Sydney network on your device via wifi.
- Choose your publisher from this Google search results list & you will be connected to our institutional subscription.
- You will then either be connected directly to a page where you are prompted to sign in and register, or need to navigate to it via a Mobile link.
- Once registered, you will receive a mobile pairing code which will expire after a short time.
- On your mobile device, go to the publisher site, tap the Settings icon and select Device Pairing.
- Log in here then enter the pairing code and tap Verify Code.
- Go to My Account to check your pairing status.
- An email will advise you when the pairing is about to expire (normally about 180 days)